Great stuff that we were involved in this year, limited to 140 character snippets, like those “tweet” things, because we are down with the kids…
Wales was sunny for 3 whole days (!) while we held a Common Cause residential training with a great group of people. Highlights included a spontaneous ceilidh and some extreme frisbee.
Along with nef and FinanceLab we launched Campaign Lab 3: a popular 6-month training programme for civil society campaigners, activists and organisers.
We were part of a major piece of research into the way that charities communicate by WWF-UK and Scope called No Cause is an Island.
We co-hosted our first Values & Education conference with Character Scotland and Lifeworlds Learning, bringing 60+ researchers and educationalists together to discuss practice and policy.
LGBTI advocacy group ILGA Europe brought us to Brussels to host 3 days of training on equality framing and campaigning. Something we hope to build on in 2015.
We have also done loads of great work with a variety of people and organisations and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for it. We did start making a list of all the people we would like to thank but there were so many of you it got a little long — rest assured we loved working with you and are thankful for your help and support.
7 Blogging Highlights
- We need to talk about alienation!: The dirty word that’s due a comeback…
- Visualising values: Introducing some amazing design work from Genis Carreras (that has since been made into some beautiful values cards).
- Shared ownership: Why democratic processes can make us all better people.
- On having more than two sides: An important debate about the psychology research that Common Cause is based on.
- Communication is conservation: Some key recommendations following the publication of the Common Cause for Nature report.
- Why you accidently called your teacher ‘mum’: Insights from anthropology work on Relational Models.
- The power of hashtags: A critical look at social media in campaigns like #BringBackOurGirls.
Coming next year
Some of the things we’ll be doing include:
A second edition of the Common Cause Handbook.
Working with several UK conservation NGOs we’re launching the second phase of Common Cause for Nature.
With Genis Carreras, we’re launching a Kickstarter for a set of beautiful value-graphic cards.
Along with FinanceLab and nef we’re hoping to launch Campaign Lab 4.
In collaboration with Simon Harris, and funding permitting, we’ll be launching Culture Lab: a 6-month action learning programme for arts and culture leaders in Wales.
Ant, Bec, Elena, Jamie, Kevin, Ralph, Rich, Tanya & Tim.