Join our Board of Trustees!
As a small team working to understand, challenge and shift the dominant stories in our society, we are looking for both Trustees and a Chair of Trustees who can support the vision of our work, advocate what we do and enable the organisation to thrive. The role includes maintaining the vision, purpose, goals and values of PIRC; advising on and developing strategy; and promoting the organisation to target stakeholders.
It is a very exciting time to join our Board: we have a lot of projects on the go, a new strategy in place and our flat management structure is just swell (well, we think so).
You can find full details about both the role of Chair and Trustee here. If you have any questions and/or would like to speak to a real life human (#oldskool), feel free to give us a call +44 (0)1654 70 22 77 or email .
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic people; disabled people and people with mental health conditions; people from the LGBTI community; and people who identify as working class (or have done in the past).
If you are in any doubt about whether you should put in an application please get in touch, we would love to talk to you.
As a board member you will help shape our strategy, policies and future development. You will be expected to attend 4 board meetings each year in the UK (location to be agreed, at least one in Machynlleth), you may also be asked to attend other ad-hoc meetings. The position is voluntary and works out at around one day a month, with a minimum term of three years in the post. We can cover expenses to attend meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- Good judgement and the ability to listen and ask questions
- A good communicator with leadership and interpersonal skills, able to both empower and challenge supportively
- Able to work well as part of a diverse team of trustees and cultivate a positive Board culture
- Committed to PIRC vision, purpose and culture – and its way of working
- Commitment to understanding the legal duties, liabilities and responsibilities of trustees and the difference between governance functions and management functions
- Able and willing to devote the necessary time to the role
Whilst we are looking for certain skills, we also want to cultivate a board with a range of perspectives that stem from different life experiences.
How to apply: Send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are applying to .
Deadline for applications: 25th October, 2017 (interviews will take place 6th and 7th of November in London or via Skype).
If you aren’t going to apply but know the ideal candidate then do share this opportunity with them!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!