What values are important for a better world?
This activity encourages us to focus on the values of our society and their importance to big social issues.
- As a group come up with a list of the most important problems facing our society
- Spread the values cards out on a large table
- On your own, think about which values are most important for society to give importance to in order to tackle the problems you have identified – write down the five you think are most important.
- Once everyone has decided on their five, share your answers.
- Discuss the following as a group:
- Why you choose the values you did?
- How important are those values to each of you doing the activity?
- How important are they in our society?
- What things (school, media, work etc.) help to strengthen or weaken those values?